Thursday, May 30, 2013
Welcome Elijah
Dear Elijah,
We welcomed you into our crazy world on March 29th and our lives are forever changed. Someday I will write about your birth story but for now I wanted to share with you why I have chosen to write a blog of letters for you. Tomorrow is never promised. I have seen a lot of loved ones pass and their children are left with a lot of questions or parents are living and children are always wondering why their parents do things the way they do. I see this as an opportunity to deepen our relationship and for me to reflect on how I became the person I became and why I believe the things I do so I can be a better mother to you. I also see it as a chance to teach you the things I think are most important in life. I am hoping this is something you can reflect on throughout your years and perhaps you will choose to carry on some of my beliefs with your own children should you choose to have them. I promise to make a lot of mistakes, some of them will include bad grammar but some of them will just be me stumbling through motherhood trying to do my best. I once read an article that said that there are three things most important for us to share with our loved ones, I forgive you, I am sorry and I love you. In advance I would like to say those things to you. I forgive you for the times you will make mistakes; all I ask is that you try to learn from them. I am sorry for the mistakes I will make, but I will promise to try to learn from them and do better the next time. I love you. I truly do love you and I think you will know it more as you read through these letters. Elijah, welcome to my world, welcome to my family.
Love,
Momma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment